VENDOR RULES & CODE OF CONDUCT
RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT – UPDATED 4/17/2018
The Crowsnest Community Market will run from the end of June till the beginning of September on Thursday nights from 4-8 pm at the Blairmore Gazebo Park (13019 20th Ave Blairmore, AB).
It is our goal to provide a community gathering place where we can support and promote local artisans, small businesses and organizations.
Once an application is submitted and reviewed, you will be notified by the Market Coordinator.
The Crowsnest Community Market attempts to have a variety of food, craft, and artisan vendors as well as a smaller number of multi level marketing businesses. Only one (1) of each type of multi level marketing company products will be allowed at each market event.
It is the planning committee’s goal to provide a good market mix of vendor types at each market event.
We understand that emergencies happen and ask that if you cannot attend your scheduled market you contact us as soon as possible in order to ensure continued participation in future markets.
Failure to attend a scheduled market without prior communication will result in the suspension of your market privileges.
Refunds and/or transferring of market dates will only be issued with a minimum 24 hours notice that you cannot make your scheduled date.
- Vendors will conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner towards the public and all market participants
- Vendors will refrain from any behavior that interferes with the rights of working/selling opportunities of other vendors
- Vendors will refrain from using language which is offensive, threatening or intimidating to others
- Vendors will not participate in the market under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Vendors will only sell and display items that are appropriate for a family friendly venue.
- Vendors will operate vehicles and/ or equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Vendors will respect and adhere to the rules and regulations established by the Crowsnest Community Market
- All vendors must abide by the health inspector rules of safe food handling procedures
- No second hand items may be sold at the Crowsnest Community Market. Antique and re-purposed items are excluded and will need to be listed in market application.
- This is a smoking free market environment. Please ask about our designated smoking areas.
- Market Coordinator/Committee has final say on all market related matters.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Crowsnest Community Market group at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These rules are subject to change. Any changes will be sent to vendors in writing.
Failure to comply with any component of the rules and regulations or the code of conduct will result in expulsion from the Crowsnest Community Market
- $15 for 10 by 10 space
- $10 for youth under 16
- $10 extra for 1 electricity outlet
- $20 for 20 by 10 space
- $30 for food truck (space for 1 food truck unit plus electricity)
- $20 for Food truck with no electricity
Non Profit Organizations:
- Each week we will have available 3 FREE non profit spaces.
- Limit 2 dates per organization
Market Manager will collect fees at the start of each market. Fees can also be paid ahead of time through e-transfers to email@example.com
For those who register for the entire season and pay ahead will receive the 11th market booth FREE of charge! (Offer is only for our normal Thursday night events and not any extra special market dates)
We host special markets through the year too and the prices may vary for these special events.
- Food and beverage products being sold will be allowed at the discretion of the Crowsnest Community Market Association.
- All food vendors must comply with Alberta Health Regulations and the Public Health Act Food Regulations! Information can be obtained from the health inspector at 403-562-5030. More details can also be found here.
- Only food vendors may sell food and drink of any type
- Food vendors MUST provide copies of appropriate licensing and permits upon signup.
- Copies of licenses issued by Alberta Health Services, Alberta Agriculture, Health Canada, Canadian Food Inspection Agency or a health authority in another province must be present on-site at the market.
- Food Safe permits- Every vendor who handles food will need to be certified. Food Handling courses are offered by Alberta Health Services. (Vendors selling unprocessed fruits, vegetables, and other produce, or eggs, or honey DO NOT need a valid Food Safe Permit)
- Vendors needing hand washing stations must bring their own. The market does not have hand washing stations available for use.
In consideration of participation in the Crowsnest Community Market, the vendor shall indemnify and save harmless the Crowsnest Community Market Association (and all the members thereof), Municipality of Crowsnest Pass, Blairmore Railway Land Corporation, and all other groups working under the direction of the Market event, from all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, liabilities or action of any kind of nature (including, but not limited to, cost and reasonable lawyer’s fees) arising or growing out of or any way connected to the exhibitor’s operation of the exhibitor’s booth and general participation in the Show.
We strongly recommend that you have a minimum of $2 million in general liability insurance for the duration of the show. You are responsible for protecting yourself against litigation, as vendors are not covered under the Crowsnest Community Market’s insurance policy.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed on the grass other than food vendors in their designated areas.
- Once you have unloaded, please move your vehicle from in front of the park to one of the two parking areas we have designated! We have a large parking area just east of the park (the field next to the gravel strip after the park.) as well as 1 block North of the Gazebo at the Elk’s hall.
- DO NOT break any laws to unload! If you arrive and there is no parking on the street to unload, DO NOT stop in the crosswalks or in the middle of the street. Our peace office has warned us he will be ticket people who do so.
- DO NOT park near the railroad tracks or behind the hedge!! Our local Peace Officer has noted that vendors doing this will receive parking tickets as well as potential fines from CP Rails. We do not want this to happen! So please use one of the designated parking areas instead.
- At all times be safe! We appreciate your understanding regarding safety at the market, especially regarding parking and vehicle uses!
We are attempting to set up No Parking signs in front of the park again this season. This will hopefully allow us to create an easier to use Loading zone for our vendors.
Crowsnest Community Market Association has permission to take photos of all our market events. These images will be used by us to share news about our markets. These Images may be used in press releases, printed publicity and published on our Facebook and Instagram pages as well as our website. If you would like to obtain a copy of your images, for private and personal promotion of your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- Vendors must provide their own tents, tables and chairs (There are a limited number of tents available for rental. Please contact us if you would like more information)
- The market manager will assign the site location during the season.
- Please report to the market manager at the beginning of setup to determine which space to set up in.
- Only reserved spaces will be for vendors who have committed and paid ahead for the entire market season
- Market Managers reserve the right to re-assign stalls at their discretion.
- Tents must be safely secured to the ground with either tent pegs or weights. It is suggested to both weigh down and peg your tent as wind can come on suddenly.
- Market event will take place rain or shine. Please be prepared for weather!
- Vendors are encouraged to use banners and sandwich boards for advertising.
- Only up to 2 businesses may share 1 standard size space. Please include this information in your application.
- Vendors requiring electricity will need to place their labeled cord in front of the electricity panel. Only Market Managers will unlock access electricity panel. Vendors are in charge of making sure cords are not a tripping hazard to the public. Only 1 outlet is included in electricity fee.
- Special market dates are markets offered on different dates and times from our usual weekly markets.
- Set up times will start 1.5 hours before the start of those markets.
- Prices for spaces may vary, please see specific applications for more details.
- Set up will begin at 2:30pm.
- All vendors will have their space set up by 3:45 unless otherwise arranged.
- Late setups can be arranged with the Crowsnest Community Market Association on a case by case basis.
- No vehicles will be allowed on the lawn after 3PM.
- Vendors need to park in front of the park to unload and then move vehicles to parking area.
- Street parking in front of park is reserved for customers and food trucks only!
- We ask that all vendors wait until at least 8:30 pm before driving on the load during take-down.
- All vendors must be in attendance and remain set up for the full duration of the market.
- Take down will begin no earlier than 8pm.
- Vendor parking area is available next to the gravel drive at the far end of the park.
- Please do not park on the gravel section!
- Please park on the grass behind the hedge after the park. Parking is also available 1 block north of the park at the elks hall.
- We ask that vendors do not park on main street in front of the park as this area is reserved for Food trucks and the public.
The market will be selling reusable canvas market bags as a fundraiser to help support the market. We ask that vendors encourage customers to use their own bags or purchase market bags to reduce the use of single use disposable packaging and replace them with eco-friendly products. Market bags will also work as a weekly raffle ticket. Vendors may choose to donate a small item or coupon to the weekly raffle basket if they choose to.